Someone in the UK is admitted to hospital with an ABI
Someone in the UK is admitted to hospital with a HEAD INJURY
Someone in the UK is admitted to hospital with a STROKE
2016-2017 Statistics based on UK hospital admissions
Fundraising and Donations
Herefordshire Headway relies on voluntary donations to continue to provide vital local services to brain injury survivors and their families living in or close to the county of Herefordshire. As more people now survive accidents and live with brain injury, the need for our work is growing.
Your gift will be used to support our day and outreach services to ensure that all those who need our help can access it.
Call to action (How you can help us)
- Regular donation by Direct Debit – Make a regular donation to Headway by setting up a Direct Debit with us
- By becoming a volunteer in our Day Centre or helping as a member of the events team – our volunteers help in many ways using their talents to support our service while they make new friends and enjoy themselves.
- Arranging a fund raising event – these have recently included a whist drives, Quiz night, skittles night, sponsored fun run and coffee morning.
- A gift in your will – Leaving a legacy to Herefordshire Headway can provide a brighter future for other families.
- A gift in memory – Many families, friends and carers affected by brain injury request that monies be donated to Herefordshire Headway rather than, for example, flowers at a funeral
- Celebrations – Make your wedding day extra-special with our wedding favours, ask your friends and family to donate to Herefordshire Headway in lieu of gifts for your wedding or birthday, and buy one of our ‘perfect pressies’ for someone you love!
- Gift Aid – If you pay tax in the UK, then Gift Aid is a simple way to increase the value of your gift. This means that if you donate £10 using Gift Aid, that gift is worth £12.82 . All you need to do is complete a gift aid form or envelope when you donate you just need to fill in your name and address and we will do the rest.
- Give as you shop online – Donate to us every time you shop online at the Give As You Live website
Charitable giving should always be about choice. It’s about trust and respect, and knowing that your values and principles are reflected by the charity you choose to support. Our fundraising principles can be viewed HERE.